The search for the best coffee is something some do for taste, some simply for the caffeine kick to get us through the day. But very few drink it to unearth the secrets of the world’s best brew.
1. Best Coffee – Grumpy Mule Sumatra Gayo Highlands 227 g
Tanzania is renowned for its Peaberry beans, so this coffee has unsurprisingly won Great Taste awards for three years.
2. Taylors of Harrogate Indonesia Java Jember Single Origin Coffee Beans
£10.50 for 1 kg, buy here
This intensely flavoured grind combines fruit aromas with a light, non-cloying flavour.
3. Coffee Masters Blue Mountain Blend Ground Filter Coffee Sachets
£34.99 for 250g, buy here
Coffee from the best growing region in the world comes at a price. But for those seeking the Rolls-Royce of coffee, its deep and varied texture won’t disappoint.
4. Caffe Impresso Intense Blend Selection Pack Nespresso Compatible Capsules (Pack of 4, Total 40 Capsules)
£15.25 for 250g, buy here
Espresso drinking is something for which Italians are famous, so it is no surprise that these Nespresso capsules does the drink justice.
5. Puccini Coffee Beans, 1Kg, Italian
£5.50 for 500g, buy here
Smooth and mild but with a punchy aroma that draws you in as soon as you open the packet.
6. Percol Black and Beyond Espresso
£3.19 for 227g, buy here
Super strong, rich as you like and with a deep finish that seems to go on and on.
7. Equal Exchange Organic Dark City Roasted Ground Coffee 227 g (Pack of 8)
Grown by women, this is a light, airy medium roast from Peru. A nice mid-morning pick-me-up.
8. Coffee Direct Java Santos Coffee Beans 908 g
Combining Brazilian and Indonesian beans, for a dark, intense flavour, it’s not for the faint-hearted.
9. Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Coffee Capsules Nespresso® Compatible Brazil Yellow Bourbon
£3.65 for 227g, buy here
A blend of African, South American and Indonesian beans for a fruity, chocolatey flavour.