Green coffee or green tea is one of the most commonly consumed teas in the world.
Green tea extract is its concentrated form, with just one capsule containing the same amount of active ingredients as an average cup of green tea.
More and more people suffer from overweight and secondary diseases of the heart, the circulation, the joints, but also from social exclusion and problems with finding a job.
Like green tea, green tea extract is a great source of antioxidants. These have been credited with a range of health benefits, from promoting heart, liver and brain health to improving your skin and even reducing the risk of cancer (1).
What’s more, many studies have looked at green tea extract’s ability to aid weight loss. In fact, many weight loss products list it as a key ingredient. It has many benefits, with some more listed below.
- Green tea extract is rich in antioxidants called catechins, which have been shown to increase antioxidant capacity and protect against oxidative stress.
- The catechins in green tea may help reduce blood pressure and improve blood fat levels, which promotes heart health.
- Green tea extract has been shown to have a positive effect on brain health and memory, and may help protect against brain diseases.
- Green tea extract can aid weight loss by increasing the number of calories your body burns through thermogenesis.
- Green tea extract seems to help improve liver function by decreasing inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Green tea extract has been shown to help maintain cell health. It may even help prevent some types of cancer, though more research is needed.
- Green tea extract has been shown to help prevent and treat several skin conditions.
- Green tea extract increases antioxidant protection against oxidative damage caused by exercise. This translates to better exercise performance and recovery.
- Green tea extract can be consumed in capsule, liquid or powder form. The recommended dose is 250–500 mg taken with food.
- Green tea extract has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity and blood sugar tolerance, all while decreasing haemoglobin A1C and blood sugar levels.